There will be a collection on Saturday December 17th 2016 from 10:30AM to 2:30PM at the Wallingford Elks Lodge 1365, 148 South Main Street, Wallingford.
What we're doing:
We are looking for friends and family of active military members that could use a "thank you" - so if you know of someone that meets these eligibility requirements, please contact Jason@Zandri.net so they can be added to the care list.
Beyond looking for eligible candidates to send packages to, we need the items to fill them and monetary donations to offset the cost of the shipping. If you want to help out, stop by the Wallingford Elks Lodge 1365, 148 South Main Street with your items (or some cash) on Saturday December 17th 2016 from 10:30AM to 2:30PM.
You can also support us by making a donation online:
Please see the full details below and consider helping out.
Those that serve the country give up so much, risk so much; this time of year, especially, is when we should show our appreciation and gratitude.
- $25 / $50 VISA and MC gift cards (gives them maximum flexibility, for WIFI, etc. Any amount is fine – these amounts are the suggestions)
- Phone cards (major brands - international
- Personal hygiene items (unscented whenever possible)
- wet wipes, individually wrapped
- disposable razors (men's and women's)
- chap sticks / lip balm
- body wash, lotion, face wash, mouth wash, deodorant, q-tips, shampoo, conditioner, foot powder
- Feminine products (unscented whenever possible)
- Small packs of napkins and tampons
- Female version of body wash, lotion, razors, face wash, mouth wash, deodorant, q-tips, hair detangler, face moisturizer, shampoo, conditioner
- Small grooming kits
- Magazines (clean content – for reading) / Fun posters and calendars for dressing the place up
- AA batteries / AAA batteries
- Movies / music on thumb drives only (“USB devices are cool to send movies, TV shows, music; scan for viruses free.”
- 1 GB+ USB memory sticks (thumb drives) (blank)
- Cards, letters, group photos (we want them to know real people did this for them)
- Laundry PODS packed in a sturdy plastic or metal container.
- Tobacco (“yes a lot of us smoke, dip, chew, and vape”)
- Books (Popular series and authors are best, romance novels are not that great unless someone asks for them).
- Hard candy (Please do not send troops a lot of melty things like chocolate - Chocolate Bunnies and Peeps “die” in the mail in alarming numbers)
- Cookies / crackers
- Corn nuts
- Protein bars/powder, Granola and other snack bars
- Rice Krispy Treats
- Slim Jims / Beef jerky
- Nuts other than peanuts in re-sealable containers (re-sealable pouches)
- Dried fruits in re-sealable containers (re-sealable pouches)
- Dried fruits, tree nuts, almonds, cashews, cranberries, cherries, and blueberries.
- Tins and packets of flavored coffee and cappuccino
- Breath mints / gum